We will set out here any Coronavirus service updates for FCO and Embassies our clients commonly use. Please contact us if you need more information or require our guidance on how to manage an Apostille, FCO certification or Embassy / Consultate legalisation requirement you have.
Last updated Saturday 21 March 2020, 2.30pm.
FCO – APOSTILLE / CERTIFICATION
- Premium Service in London now closed.
- FCO standard postal service now suspended.
- FCO Milton Keynes Business Counter has been closed effective 23rd March 2020. When the FCO re-opens (perhaps with less staffing) we have arrangements with registered business counter user, so we anticipate only a 2-3 day delay for FCO Apostille and Certification requirements.
EMBASSIES – LEGALISATION
- ALGERIA: The Consulate will secure a minimum servicing which will deal only with urgent matters. It would, therefore, be preferable that services which not require the physical presence of our nationals should be sent by post. Opening hours will be from Tuesday to Saturday, 10.30am to 03pm.Furthermore, Visa Service will operate from 10.30am to 01pm. We are checking specifics for legalisation of documents.
- ANGOLA: To be confirmed.
- BANGLADESH: To be confirmed.
- CHINA: We regret to inform you that due to specific circumstances arising from the spread of COVID-19, we will temporarily adjust our opening hours starting from 23rd March, 2020. Please find the adjusted opening hours as below: Chinese Embassy and Consulates: 9:00-12:00 (Tuesday,Thursday)
- CUBA: To be confirmed
- EGYPT: No change to published services
- ETHIOPIA: Amid the developing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we are putting measures in place as a responsible employer and service provider. Effective immediately, the Embassy’s consular section will be limiting operational hours for document collection and submission and will only be open from Monday to Friday between 10.00 am – 12.00 pm (midday). Those wishing to apply for visas are advised to do so online. We are also accepting postal applications for most services, apart from new passports.
- INDONESIA: No change to published services.
- JORDAN: Starting Tuesday, March 17 and until further notice, all consular services will only be accepted by mail and/or email with the exception of POAs (power of attorney), will only be processed by appointment via (email@example.com).
- KENYA: All appointments starting from Tuesday 17 March, 2020 have been suspended. All Services, including Consular, will be provided online through www.kenyahighcom.org.uk. For emergency Consular cases, clients are advised to email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- KUWAIT: To be confirmed.
- LEBANON: VISA section will be suspended until further notice. The Embassy’s working hours phone number, E-mail, and hotline will remain open for consular enquiries related to urgent matters. 1- Phone: 02072297265 2- Hotline: 07741260919 3- Email: email@example.com
- MALAYSIA: To be confirmed.
- MOZAMBIQUE: Following the UK Government’s recommendations regarding the Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation, the High Commission for the Republic of Mozambique will be closed from 23 March 2020, until further notice. During that period, the number +44 (0) 7586105162 and email address SectorConsular@mozambiquehc.co.uk will be available for contact.
- QATAR: CLOSED
- SAUDI: CLOSED
- SRI LANKA: Consular services limited to emergency documentation.
- TANZANIA: To be confirmed.
- THAILAND: No change to published services.
- VIETNAM: To be confirmed.
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (UAE): Stopped receiving documents via window 18thMarch 2020 until further notice. Documents will be accepted only via post. 1) Covering letter must be enclosed with your documents, please write your contact details including your email and mobile number. 2)The online payment receipt must be enclosed along with your documents. 3)For documents return, please enclose a self-addressed envelope (Registered or recorded stamp is required). Note: Documents cannot be collected by a private courier. Post takes up to 3 working days to process (Company Notary would advise clients to build in 5 Working Days).